Terrell Suggs, Jonathan Vilma in; Jimmy Graham out: Week 7 actives/inactives
Tracking the key actives/inactives in Week 7 …
• Terrell Suggs, OLB, Ravens (Achilles): Just a few months after tearing his Achilles, Suggs will be on the field Sunday, which should provide a boost for a struggling and banged-up Baltimore defense. Haloti Ngata (knee) also will play for Baltimore; he was listed as questionable this week.
• Jonathan Vilma, LB, Saints (knee): While Vilma awaits a hearing on his appeal of a bounty scandal-related suspension, he’ll come off the PUP list Sunday and play his first game of 2012.
• Ahmad Bradshaw, RB, Giants (foot): Bradshaw was considered a game-time decision for New York’s key game with Washington, but he’ll start. That means less of a workload for Andre Brown and David Wilson.
• Dez Bryant, WR, Cowboys (groin): Bryant had a big game against Baltimore last week, and he’ll get a chance to take Carolina’s struggling pass D to school on Sunday.
• Rob Gronkowski/Aaron Hernandez, TEs, Patriots (hip/ankle): New England will have both of its tight ends in the lineup Sunday, along with wide receiver Wes Welker (who also was listed as questionable this week). Neither Gronkowski nor Hernandez appeared to be in any real danger of missing this week’s game.
• Johnathan Joseph, CB, Texans (groin): The Texans listed Joseph as questionable this week — and he’s clearly been less than 100 percent over the past couple of games. He’ll have his hands full against Baltimore’s passing attack.
• Joe McKnight, RB, Jets (ankle): McKnight will tough it out in Week 7, despite looking for most of the week like he’d miss Sunday’s game. Now, how effective can he be at less than 100 percent?
• Trent Richardson, RB, Browns (chest): Richardson will wear a flak jacket Sunday after taking a hard hit last week that drove him out of the game. He practiced this week, though, so he should still see his fair share of work Sunday.
• Jerome Simpson, WR, Vikings (leg): Simpson did not play last week for the Vikings, but he returned to practice this week. He has yet to have much of an effect for Minnesota.
• Pierre Garcon, WR, Redskins (foot): Garcon’s season-long battle with a foot injury will keep him on the shelf again Sunday. Leonard Hankerson will start in Garcon’s place for Washington.
• Jimmy Graham, TE, Saints (ankle): The Saints announced Saturday that Graham would not suit up Sunday, then made that decision official on Sunday. David Thomas will fill in for him, but Drew Brees is more likely to find other targets in Graham’s absence.
• Chris Ivory, RB, Saints: Expect to hear Ivory’s name a lot leading up to the trade deadline. He’s a healthy scratch Sunday, further proving how far he has fallen out of favor in New Orleans.
• Logan Mankins, G, Patriots (hip): Mankins has been dealing with a hip injury for several weeks, and he also hurt his calf recently. The Jets might have a chance to attack the Patriots along the interior offensive line.
• Colin McCarthy, LB, Titans (ankle): Tennessee will slide Zac Diles into its starting lineup with McCarthy sidelined by an ankle injury.
• DeMarco Murray, RB, Cowboys (foot): No surprise here, as the Cowboys ruled Murray out earlier this week. But without their top back in the lineup, the Cowboys will turn to Felix Jones against Carolina.
• Bilal Powell, RB, Jets (shoulder): The Jets never expected to have Powell available this week. His absence has brought up the possibility that Tim Tebow will see time as a backup running back.
• Sam Shields, CB, Packers (shin): Shields will not play Sunday after being kicked in the shin during Green Bay’s victory at Houston last week. In his place the Packers will turn to rookie Casey Hayward.